Volunteers are needed for the 2020 event
( Event Dates 1st to 3rd May, Volunteering Dates outside this time are also required)
Music is the heart of the “spirit of Generations in Jazz”, but the beat and tempo emanates from all those who participate – whether it be the students, the public or the volunteers.
From its inception in 1989 Generations in Jazz has been supported primarily by volunteers who play a vital role in making the annual event happen.
We know that you will be blown away by the what the event entails and will then be like so many others who comment - “I had no idea what it was like until I experienced it !
Register your interest for the next Generations in Jazz by completing the online application form. There are no obligations in registering your interest.
Whether you are interested in the arts, education, events management or just love jazz, or perhaps even don’t, if you have the time to offer then we can certainly find a role for you. Please let us now your field of expertise or interest in your online registration.
The Board of Generations in Jazz is truly appreciative of those who are willing to give up their time to assist in the many different capacities required for the running of the event and especially those who have done so in the past.
We will ensure that this is acknowledged by making sure that you have adequate refreshments provided to you throughout your time of volunteering – of course this will vary depending on the role and time you are involved – and that you are volunteering in a space where your contribution is valued and your safety and welfare is paramount.
Your contribution will also be acknowledged with the provision of (2) complimentary tickets to Concerts nominated by the Generations in Jazz Board. This will vary for each volunteer depending on the voluntary commitment made.
All volunteer Registrations are reviewed with consideration of current volunteer opportunities. The information you provide will be stored in confidence under the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of your involvement with Generations in Jazz Inc all volunteers will be required to attend a Volunteer Induction and Briefing prior to the event at a time to be determined.
Section 1: Volunteer Details
Date Format: DD slash MM slash YYYY
Facebook/Twitter/ Instagram/Word of mouth/ Website/GIJ E-News/Other
Section 2: Emergency Contact
If you are involved with us as a volunteer and an emergency arises, whom should we contact?
Section 3: Health
Please outline briefly. This information will assist us in allocating you to a suitable role and will only be shared with medical and first aid staff in the event of accident or injury.
Section 4: Skills
Plumber,Welder,Electrician,Builder,Cabinet Maker,DLI Ticket,Endorsed Licence,Forklift License etc.
Section 5: Available times
Please mark the boxes indicating the times you would be available to volunteer.
Please note that if you are available pre and post event the GIJ Volunteer Team Coordinator will contact you to discuss – thanks so much
ANNUAL VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT:
Generations in Jazz Inc, hereafter referred to as GIJ, thanks you for offering your services as a volunteer from 1st May to 3rd May 2020 .
As a volunteer for GIJ, the following conditions apply:
- No financial payment will be made by GIJ for your volunteer services.
- You have received and read our Volunteer pack
- You have provided us with a current SAPOL police records check (dated within three years) if this is applicable to you – this is not compulsory
- You are aware and have read the Policies in our Policy Library on the website.
- The Generations in Jazz Public Liability Insurance will only cover you whilst you are assisting on site after signing in and out at the appropriate register for the time of your duties
- Whilst performing the task of a volunteer for your specified commitment, you will be included in a limited personal accident insurance cover effected by GIJ. GIJ retains ownership of that policy and retains discretion in terms of any benefits that may be claimed under that policy
- If you sustain any injury to yourself because of performing volunteer tasks on site, you must notify your Team Leader/Coordinator or the GIJ Office immediately or as soon as practicable.
- Safe work practices must always be adhered to and potential hazards reported - You must notify your Team Leader/Coordinator or GIJ Office
immediately, or as soon as practicable, of any incident that has the potential to, or has resulted in injury to other persons, or damage to equipment
- Under workplace and safety legislation, you are required to follow all established practices, procedures and instructions, which apply to the task(s) you have volunteered to perform
- You are expected to perform the task assigned to you, as a volunteer with due care and responsibility - It is your obligation to inform Generations in Jazz of any known health problems that would put you at risk in carrying out the task allocated by Generations in Jazz Inc.
Medical Consent Agreement
Where the organisers in charge of Generations in Jazz are unable to communicate with me, or it is otherwise impractical to contact me, I authorise the appropriate personnel to:
- Arrange for me to receive such medical or surgical attention as may be deemed necessary by a medical practitioner.
- Administer such first aid as the appropriate personnel may judge to be reasonably necessary.
Insurance, Acceptance of Risk and Disclaimer:
Generations in Jazz Inc also recognises a moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for volunteers, artists, employees and patrons. We will ensure that our operations do not place the local community at risk of injury, illness or property damage therefore ensuring compliance with the SA Work Health and Safety Act 2012. Volunteers are covered by the GIJ’s insurance policy during their rostered times once they have signed in on site.
I certify that the information provided by me on this application form and the attachments is true, complete and correct in every particular.
I have read and agree to the Annual Volunteer Agreement, Medical Consent Agreement, Insurance, Acceptance of Risk Disclaimer.
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY